McConnel launched what it describes as the most important breakthrough in flail development in more than a decade, it’s new F14 T-flail, at Lamma 2015. The F14 is the first heavy-duty t-flail that’s equally adept at grass mowing, hedge-cutting and the maintenance of mature three-year hedge growth.
Featuring a larger cutting area, an innovative hollow cavity design and a wider shank, the F14 delivers a powerful and precise cutting action and is perfect for farmers and contractors who want a versatile flail that can handle both hedge-cutting and grass mowing.
Key features of the new F14 flail include:
- Cavity design that retains durability while minimising weight;
- Rounded shank improves material flow and prevents grass wrap;
- Improved cutting angle on the leading edge delivers a cleaner more consistent cut;
- Double the flail overlap of the standard F10 T-flail;
- More mass generates a greater cutting momentum;
- Cast from tried and tested ADI steel for a stronger more durable flail;
- Exceptional cutting performance;
- Longer leading edge profile extends working life;
- Versatile flail that’s ideal for a wide variety of jobs;
- Compatible with McConnel’s best-selling Multicut rotor.
One of the first customers to use the new flails was Devon contractor Robin Osman, who’s been impressed with the performance of the F14s.
“They’re far superior to anything else on the market,” he said. “McConnel has raised its game with these flails because whether I’m cutting grass, heavy vegetation or mature hedgerows, they’re fast and powerful, and always leave an immaculate finish.”
McConnel general manager Christian Davies explained the new flails would boost performance and durability.
“For years McConnel’s standard F10 flail has proved efficient, reliable and cost-effective for most jobs, but heavy-duty cutting and grass mowing has always demanded specialist flails,” he said.
“The F14 T-flail is the first flail that can do it all – enabling operators to tackle a wider variety of jobs while delivering an attractive finish and greater durability.”
The new flails will be equipped as standard on new 65-, 70-, and 85-Series Power Arms. Customers who wish to upgrade their existing flails should contact their local McConnel dealer.
For more information visit: www.mcconnel.com.